Sitter profile videos are a great way to create a dynamic introduction to parents. They're quick, easy, and fun!
However, you might be wondering what to include in your profile video and what to leave out. Listed below are some Dos and Don'ts and our Profile Video Policies to help you record an awesome profile video.
- Practice what you are going to say and rehearse a few times beforehand - parents will be able to tell you're prepared and determined to get booked!
- Present yourself clearly in front of the camera - avoid having any distracting items or light that obscures your face
- Show your smile and let your personality shine - this is your chance to personally connect with parents and show you're a great sitter
- Answer questions such as:
- What do you love about babysitting?
- What personal qualities make you a great babysitter?
- What type of childcare experience do you have?
- Have you completed any academic coursework or training related to babysitting?
- Don't include anyone else in your video - parents want to meet just you!
- Don't mention your last name or any personal contact information - this is for your privacy and safety; just your first name will do
- Don't add any special effects or filters to your video - simply recording from your phone or webcam is enough for a great video!
- Don't upload a profile video that's too long or too short - successful videos are about 30 to 60 seconds in duration
Profile Video Policies
Profile videos that contain any instances of the following will be removed:
- Content that violates the above Dos and Don'ts
- Spam, advertising, or other commercial content
- Content that endorses illegal activity
- Irrelevant political, religious, or social commentary
- Language deemed to be profane, vulgar, obscene, slanderous, threatening, or discriminatory
- Personal contact information or URLs external to UrbanSitter
- Attempts to impersonate another person
We encourage sitters to have fun and be themselves in their profile videos - nevertheless, there are guidelines to keep the UrbanSitter community trustworthy and safe. See sample videos from great sitters and upload your video here: https://www.urbansitter.com/app/sitter/video