On UrbanSitter, there are two ways to get babysitting jobs:
- Browse the sitter Job Board - view one-time, part-time, or full-time jobs that parents have posted, and express interest in the jobs you'd like to be considered for. Express interest in all of the jobs that work for you to increase your chances of being booked! Please read job posts thoroughly before expressing interest as details, such as rates, cannot be negotiated afterward. Learn more.
- Receive a booking request from parents who search for sitters in their area and specify a date & time for their job. Make sure that your availability is updated so you will show up in parents' search results. If you don't add any availability to your Calendar, you will not show up in search results. Learn more.
Here are some steps you can take to help your sitter profile stand out and help you get booked:
- Get reviewed by parents you've worked for in the past- parents opt for sitters that have been recommended previously. Plus, the more recommendations you have, the higher you'll appear in search results! Read our FAQ.
- Add a profile video and direct deposit to your profile - sitters with these two features get booked 3x more. Read our FAQs here and here.
- Get background checked - earn a background check badge on your profile to ensure your trustworthiness and stand out amongst other sitters. Read more here.
- Earn a Repeat Families badge when families book you a second time. If families forget to book you on UrbanSitter, you can Add the Job yourself to help earn your badge. Sitters with Repeat Family badges get 4x more booking requests.
- Complete your profile so parents can learn more about you - your babysitting experience, education, and stellar personality can help you get booked. Your profile must be approved before you can start expressing interest in jobs and receiving booking requests! Read our FAQ.
The UrbanSitter team wishes you the best of luck in finding and booking jobs!