Profile videos are the most effective way for families to get to know you and to start building trust and credibility on UrbanSitter. Sitters with videos get more than twice as many jobs as those without. Having an opportunity to portray your personality and caretaking skills is a great way to strengthen your profile and get booked!
Record your profile video on your phone or webcam and upload it to your profile on the UrbanSitter app or on the website following this link: https://www.urbansitter.com/app/sitter/video
Quick facts and tips
- Standard video formats are supported, including .mov, .flv, .mp4, . avi, and .wmv
- Videos should be 8 seconds - 2 minutes long
- You may have to grant us permissions to access your video on your device
- A profile video is not necessary to be approved, but highly recommended
- Once uploaded, your video will be reviewed by our team and added to our profile within 24 hours
- Videos that don't meet the guidelines won't be approved and you'll be notified via email
- Be yourself and have fun! Some families like to watch profile videos with their kids, so show them why you'll be the best sitter
Profile Video Guidelines
- Speak about your experience, personality, strengths, hobbies, and what you want families to know about you
- Practice what you're going to say and take a few deep breaths beforehand
- Feel free to speak in a language other than English, but include a verbal/written translation
- Smile and speak clearly
- Be in a well-lit area where families can clearly see you
- Answer questions such as:
- What do you love about being a sitter?
- What personal qualities make you a great sitter?
- What experience do you have, and for how long?
- Have you completed any relevant academic coursework or training?
- Do you have any preferences or expectations for families?
- Don't have anyone else in your video, including children. Pets are ok!
- Don't mention your last name or contact information. This is for your privacy and safety.
- Don't add special effects or filters or anything that would obstruct families from seeing you.
- Don't include spam, advertising, content that endorses illegal activity, irrelevant commentary, or inappropriate language. Don't attempt to impersonate another person.
See sample videos and upload your video here: https://www.urbansitter.com/app/sitter/video