Parents and sitters can now sign up for an UrbanSitter account on the iOS app using Sign in with Apple. When registering, you can choose to either use your personal email address (associated with your Apple ID) or hide your email which creates a random, private email address only for your UrbanSitter account.
If you choose to hide your email, your personal email address will not be shared with UrbanSitter. Email communication from our team about bookings, payments, notifications, etc. will relay through the private email address and automatically forward to your personal email. For more information about how Sign in with Apple works, we recommend browsing Apple support articles like this one.
Signing Up and Logging In
On the UrbanSitter iOS app, tap Sign up with Apple. Then choose to either share your personal email address with UrbanSitter or hide it, and follow the prompts to confirm. On the next screen, confirm that the first and last name matches your legal name, and update if needed. If you hid your email, you'll see the private email address that was created on this screen as well. We require members to use their legal names for identity verification, background checking, and security reasons.
To log back into the UrbanSitter iOS app, follow the same flow. You'll be asked to confirm signing in with Apple. Tap Continue.
To log into UrbanSitter.com from a web/mobile web browser, you'll need to follow the forgot password flow to create a password for your account. Enter your email address (be sure to use the private relay email address if you hid your email) on the login page and click Forgot your password?. Follow the instructions to reset your password provided in our email (check your spam folder!). Once successful, you'll be able to log in and access your UrbanSitter account.
- If you registered using Sign in with Apple, you must log in this way too. Read below to log in using a different method.
- If you hid your email, you can access the private email address that was created on your Settings page or by tapping More > Account > Account Basics.
- To log into UrbanSitter.com from a web/mobile web browser, create a login password following the forgot password flow. Enter your email address (be sure to use the private relay email address if you hid your email), click Forgot your password?, and follow the instructions to reset your password (check your spam folder!).
- If you receive the "Are you sure you haven't already signed up?" error message while attempting to create your account, there is already an existing UrbanSitter account with this email address. Log in to this account via the social account or email used to sign up. If you registered via LinkedIn, you will need to reset your password as this feature has been removed.
- If you're seeing an "An exception has occurred" error message, you may have previously deactivated your account. Email us to be reactivated!
Updating Sign in with Apple
If you no longer wish to use Sign in with Apple for your UrbanSitter account, make sure to first create an email/password combination on your Settings page (accessible via web or mobile web) so you can log in via email and continue to access your account. Then go to your iPhone settings and tap Apple ID (your name) > Password & Security > Apps Using Your Apple ID > UrbanSitter. There you can tap Stop Using Apple ID. The next time you log into UrbanSitter, you will be asked to confirm signing in with your Apple ID, so make sure to tap Cancel then log in with the email/password you just created.