While browsing UrbanSitter, you can rest assured that every sitter has cleared the basic background check requirement. For more information about sitter requirements, check out this FAQ. We also offer parents the opportunity to purchase an upgraded background check or driving record check for a sitter through our background check partner Checkr.
To request a background check, click the background check banner at the bottom of the Search page and we will follow up with you via email. You'll see a green banner confirming your request at the top of your screen.
Or, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Upgraded Background Check Request for [Sitter Name]. Our team will follow up with you with the background check options and pricing.
What's included in an upgraded background check?
We offer Enhanced and Premium upgraded background checks you can purchase for a sitter to get a thorough look into their background. An Enhanced check includes the following:
- Social Security Number (SSN) Trace
- Sex Offender Registry Check
- Global Watchlist Check of terrorist, sanction, and other watchlists
- National-level Criminal Search
- County-level Criminal Search
A Premium check includes all of the above components, plus:
- County-level Civil Search
What's included in the driving record check?
A driving or Motor Vehicle Record check requires a valid driver’s license to pass and searches a sitter’s driving history - which is a great option if you’re looking for a sitter to drive for your family. An MVR check includes the following searches:
- Driver's license validity
- Accidents in the last 3 years
- Moving violations in the last 3 years
- Cell phone or distracted driving violation in the past 3 years
- Major violation in the past 5 years
- Driver must be over 18
Upon receiving the background check results, we will disclose each component's status of either pass or fail. We are not authorized to send the parent the full background check, however, the sitter may do so upon their discretion. Background check fees are non-refundable.