You are unique, and your caregiver profile is the place to show off your skills and share your experience to families and future employers. In your “About me” section, detail the qualifications and talents that make you a great caregiver and highlight your previous experience with kids, seniors, pets, and household services. It’s also the place if you want to explain your current availability and any personal preferences relevant to your job search.
Tip: review your bio and edit any typos and spelling mistakes as much as possible!
Writing ideas for your “About me” bio:
- Introduce yourself and share your background
- What services do you offer?
- What's your experience with each age group?
- What activities do you enjoy doing with children?
- Any special skills (tutoring, homework help, cooking) or talents (dancing, painting, etc.)?
- Any certifications or training you've received?
- What's your experience with senior care?
- What non-medical skills can you offer on the job (driving, cooking, etc.)?
- Why do you enjoy providing senior care?
- What's your experience with various pets and breeds?
- What skills do you offer (walking, feeding, playing, etc.)?
- Are you comfortable with large animals and/or animals that shed?
- What's your experience with household services?
- What services do you offer (cleaning, cooking, errands, laundry, organizing, etc.)?
- Can you bring your own cleaning equipment/supplies if requested?
Hi - My name is Lucy and I'm currently a senior at UCLA. I am offering child care, senior care, and household services.
I love being a babysitter and have been watching newborns, infants, toddlers, and kids (including twins!) since I was 15 years old. My responsibilities have included driving to/from school, crafts, tutoring, and even dance lessons.
I also work as a household assistant and can cook, clean, and run errands.
I have been a caretaker for my own grandparents and am comfortable with senior care. I can cook, drive to appointments, or do other tasks. (I am also a great bridge partner!)
I am allergic to cats but happy to work with families with dogs.