Sitter profile videos are easy and fun to record and upload. All it takes is a few easy steps to see your profile suddenly come alive!
Quick facts about recording and uploading your profile video:
- Videos can be recorded on a webcam (i.e. iMovie or Photo Booth on a Mac), digital camera, mobile phone camera, or tablet camera
- Videos can be uploaded on the UrbanSitter website or on the UrbanSitter iOS and Android app
- Standard video formats are supported, including .mov, .wav, .mp4, . avi, and .wmv
- Videos should be approximately 30 seconds, aka about 6 sentences in length (2 minutes maximum)
- Videos must adhere to the Profile Video Policies and should not include any contact information (do not mention your last name!)
How to record and upload a profile video from your computer or laptop:
1. Using the webcam or camera function on your computer or laptop, record your profile video. Remember to smile, speak clearly, and checkout the tips for what to include in your video. We recommend using iMovie or Photo Booth to record your video.
2. Navigate to your sitter Home Page and click 'Approval Checklist' to see what parts of your profile you have yet to complete. Then click 'Say "hello" in a 30 second video'. You can also go to Profile and click 'Add A New Video'. Or, you can follow this link directly: https://www.urbansitter.com/app/sitter/video
Profile Video Upload Page
3. Click 'Select and Upload Video' and select your video from your computer's files. Once your video is finished uploading, it will be submitted for review by our Support team. We will notify you as soon as your video has been approved and visible on your profile!
How to record and upload a profile video from your smartphone:
1. Using the video function on your smartphone, record a video of yourself or have a friend record the video of you. Remember to smile, speak clearly, and checkout the tips for what to include in your video.
2. Open the UrbanSitter app and on your home page click 'Approval Checklist' and then 'Say "hello" in a 30 second video'. Or, you can go to your Profile and click 'Add a Video'.
3. Click 'Select or Record Video'. If you've already recorded your profile video, click 'Video Library' and select your video on the iOS app, or click 'Select a video' on the Android app. If you haven't recorded your video yet, you can record one now by clicking 'Record Video' on the iOS app or 'Record a video' on the Android app.
4. Then click 'Upload Now' to submit your profile video. You can also click 'Change Video' to select a different video. Once your video is finished uploading, it will be submitted for review by our Support team. Most profile videos are reviewed and approved within 7 days (though most are approved much sooner!) We will notify you as soon as your video has been approved and visible on your profile.
We encourage sitters to have fun and be themselves in their profile videos - nevertheless, there are guidelines to keep the UrbanSitter community trustworthy and safe. For more information on profile videos, check out our What is a profile video? FAQ and our Profile Video Guidelines: What Should I Include In My Profile Video? FAQ.