Families and caregivers can sign up for UrbanSitter on the iOS app using Sign in with Apple. You can choose to use your personal email address (associated with your Apple ID) or hide your email which creates a random, private email address only for your UrbanSitter account.
To use Sign in with Apple,
- Open the UrbanSitter iOS app and begin signing up
- Tap Sign up with Apple
- Select share my email or hide my email
- Follow the prompts to continue creating your UrbanSitter account
- Confirm the first and last name matches your legal name and update if needed
Once signed up, you can return to the app to log in and tap Sign in with Apple. If you registered using Sign in with Apple, you must log in this way too.
If you choose to hide your email, your personal email address will not be shared with UrbanSitter. The private email address that was created will be on your Settings page or on the app, tap More > Account > Account Basics. Email about bookings, payments, notifications, etc. will relay through the private email address and automatically forward to your personal email. For more information about how Sign in with Apple works, browse Apple support articles like this one.
We require members to use their legal names for identity verification, background checking, and security reasons.
- If you receive the "Are you sure you haven't already signed up?" error message, you have already created an account with that email address
- To access UrbanSitter.com, follow the forgot password steps on the log in page to create a password for the website (make sure to use the private relay email address if you hid your email)
- To stop using Sign in with Apple for the UrbanSitter app, create a password first then go to your iPhone settings and tap Apple ID (your name) > Password & Security > Apps Using Your Apple ID > UrbanSitter > toggle off
- Read our other FAQ for tips when having trouble logging in