Whether in person or on UrbanSitter, mutual respect, safe practices, and transparency are integral to fostering trust amongst our community. Detailed below are our shared guidelines for families, care seekers, and caregivers. Any member’s account may be temporarily or permanently blocked if these guidelines are not followed before, during, and after the care job.
- Engage in respectful communication at all times, both on the job and on UrbanSitter
- Resolve caregiving engagements and working relationships professionally, i.e. returning items belonging to other party
- Be respectful of others' time, pay, and needs
- Profanity, harassment, discrimination, and acts of blatant retaliation are not tolerated
- Keep communication and bookings on the platform to increase Trust & Safety and avoid sharing any personal or contact information before you feel comfortable
- Provide safe, clean, hazard-free environments and working conditions for caregivers, children, seniors, pets, and families
- Be alert and accessible to the other party during a booking
- Follow all local, state, and federal laws
- Represent yourself, your experience, home, needs, and special circumstances or requirements with honesty and integrity
- Maintain clear expectations regarding caregiving duties and tasks and disclose special circumstances or requirements prior to the job (i.e. additional attendants, unique care needs, legal requirements)
- Report illness to the other party as soon as possible, while respecting HIPAA guidelines
- Communicate openly to other party
UrbanSitter's Community Guidelines, Reliability Policy, and Terms of Service are in place in order to safeguard and maintain the safety, integrity, reliability, and quality of the UrbanSitter platform. All UrbanSitter members are held equally under these shared guidelines and we reserve the right to remove members' profiles who violate these terms. Members are able to flag other members who they believe to be in violation of these policies for our team to review and take action accordingly. Due to the nature of the UrbanSitter service, we err on the side of caution when compelled to make these decisions. Any instance of fraud or unlawful acts are not tolerated.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Member Services Team by emailing email@example.com.