*For already approved sitters, scroll here.
When you create a sitter account on UrbanSitter, your sitter profile is your place to shine - you'll fill out information about your background, availability, rates, etc. for parents to view while they're browsing potential caregivers.
As you're getting started, you'll see this banner at the top of your screen. Until you're approved, your profile will be hidden from connecting with families.
On your homepage, there will be your Approval Checklist to guide you through the sitter profile requirements. Fill out the About Me (bio) section, upload a photo of yourself, and add your hourly rates to your profile. Then, purchase the annual membership for sitters and submit the included background check. Find out more about the UrbanSitter Membership here.
Once you complete the steps, your profile will be submitted for approval and reviewed by our Member Services team. We do our best to review all sitter profiles within 7 days, however, it can take up to two full weeks. While your profile is being reviewed, you'll see this banner at the top of your screen:
Until your profile is approved, it will be hidden from parent search results and you will not be able to express interest in jobs. Want your profile to be fast-tracked? Make sure to upload your profile video and direct deposit information and your profile will be reviewed with priority.
What do I need on my sitter profile?
Our team will review your sitter profile to make sure it best promotes your personality and babysitting experience, while meeting our Terms of Service. A completed profile includes the following:
- A profile bio or About Me where you share your education and sitter experience as well as hobbies, fun facts, etc. This is where parents will get to know you! Review our About Me guide: What are parents looking for in an About Me?
- A profile photo which clearly identifies you and does not include anyone else. This is often a parent's first impression of you as a potential sitter! Check out our FAQ: How To Select And Upload A Great Profile Picture
- Your babysitting rates which indicate your minimum and maximum rates per hour, per number of children. Parents can always book you at higher rates!
- Add your location information to let parents know where you’re willing to work. This is key for showing up in search results and viewing jobs on the Job Board!
- A profile video which showcases your personality and experiences as a babysitter. For more information, check out our Profile Video FAQs *optional but strongly recommended
- Your direct deposit information to receive payment from parents via credit card and express interest in credit card jobs *optional but strongly recommended
While you're waiting for your profile to be approved: make sure to add availability to your calendar so parents will know when you can work once you're approved.
How will I know when I'm approved?
Information about your background check and profile approval status will be sent via email. Please make sure that you have access to and regularly check the email address associated with your UrbanSitter account, as we will notify you of your profile status at that email address. Once you're approved, your sitter profile will be unhidden and visible to parents - you'll be all set to start expressing interest in jobs and receiving booking requests from parents! Check out our FAQ to learn more about how getting jobs on UrbanSitter works for sitters.
Already Approved Sitters
If you've previously had an active or unhidden UrbanSitter account but created a new one, we won't be able to approve your new profile as we don't allow sitters to maintain more than one account. If you are not able to access your active account, try resetting your password on the main home page, or view our FAQ for more information. If you no longer have access to the email address on your previous account, please feel free to email us to let us know.
If your sitter profile has already been approved, your profile may be hidden temporarily or permanently if information comes to our attention that our team needs to review and investigate due to a breach in our Terms of Service. Investigations are completed in as short of a time as possible, however they can take up to two weeks to complete. We appreciate your patience while we do our best to foster and uphold the UrbanSitter community as the safest and most reliable & trustworthy marketplace for childcare possible!
Still have questions about your profile? You're always welcome to email us at Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.