After your caregiver completes a booking, pay them with cash or use our online payment system to pay via credit. Cash payments are up to the family to provide and are expected at the end of the booking. Credit payments require the caregiver to confirm hours worked to calculate the payment total before the family confirms and the caregiver receives the deposit.
Set payment method when booking
While booking a caregiver for a job or paid interview, you’ll select the payment method of either cash or credit. Most caregivers accept credit payments, but some only accept cash. Caregivers that accept credit payments will have this badge on their profile:
Also, if your job post is set to credit, cash-only caregivers won’t be able to apply. To update the payment method of a booking before it starts, switch it on the booking details page. Learn more here.
Credit payments are charged to your card on file and can also be paid with UrbanSitter credit good towards caregiver payments (learn more here). Even if you have available credit, you will still need to add a card to your account. After a credit booking completes and the end time passes,
- The caregiver confirms hours worked and you are notified
- On the booking page, click Confirm hours and pay
- Review payment total and add optional tip and message
- Click Continue then Yes, Confirm Payment
- Applicable credit is deducted and your card is charged
- Caregiver receives payment via instant or direct deposit
To ensure caregivers get paid on time, if you don’t confirm a credit payment within 24 hours after the caregiver confirms you will be automatically charged except in the following circumstances:
- The confirmed hours exceed the originally booked hours by 3 hours or more
- The booking occurred more than 2 weeks ago
- The booking was manually updated by our Member Services Team
- The booking was an interview
If a paid interview or job booking has a cash payment method, the family is expected to pay the caregiver with cash, check or by payment transfer app at the end of the booking. Caregivers do not confirm their hours worked. After the booking end time passes, the booking will close with no further payment action required.
If you have any questions about a payment or disagree with the hours your caregiver confirmed, please email Member Services at email@example.com.