Families and care seekers who use FSA benefits should pay caregivers via credit to maintain accurate and verifiable records of caregiver payments. At the end of the year (or benefit period), families can download a spreadsheet detailing their credit payment history. When booking, make sure to select the payment method credit card. Learn more about how caregiver payments work here.
To download your credit payment history,
- Go to your Transactions
- Filter by Booking Payments
- Click Print-friendly view
- Follow your internet browser's instructions to print the page or save as PDF
Tips and resources:
- Transactions include completed caregiver payments via credit as cash payments are not verified by UrbanSitter
- If you have a FSA debit card, add it to your Payment page (view our card criteria here)
- Resource: UrbanSitter blog Understanding Childcare Tax Credits and the Nanny Tax
- Resource: IRS Employment Taxes for Household Employees
- Resource: Dependent Care FSA
Please note that when it comes to the end of year taxes or FSA reports, we share UrbanSitter’s records or EIN in correlation to the fees paid directly to UrbanSitter. It is our understanding that to claim caregiver hours and the payment made for tax or FSA reimbursement purposes, you will need to obtain the SSN of the caregivers and caregivers would need to provide that to you on an individual basis. Per UrbanSitter’s Terms of Service, Transactions exist solely between users. We are not involved in the transactions between caregivers and families.