How do I obtain an invoice for flexible spending account (FSA) reimbursement?

At this time there is not a specific way for parents to generate booking receipts from within your profile. However, your booking history contains all the details of each job including hours worked, the hourly rate, job type, and the amount of children babysat for. Additionally, your history of credit card payments to sitters and fees paid to UrbanSitter is documented on the Transaction page of your account.

Upon request, our Support team can  generate a report listing all of this info for you to submit for FSA reimbursement. To request such a report, please email and expect a reply within 48 hours.

As a note, every FSA provider has unique conditions regarding claims. To help us provide the best service to you, please contact your provider for final confirmation that you can use those funds to pay sitters on UrbanSitter. Please also confirm what details are needed for them to verify your claim.

UrbanSitter is a platform for parents and sitters to make connections for childcare bookings. Each member is individually responsible for any tax, withholding, or reporting. Consequently, should you need wage reporting information from a provider such as a sitter’s social security number, they would need to provide that to you directly.

It's also worth noting that some parents on UrbanSitter have successfully synced their FSA debit cards with their UrbanSitter account to pay sitters through our online payment tool. Again, these type of cards each come with their own unique set of restrictions and we encourage you to contact the card provider for details.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


  • Avatar
    Kylee Yates

    Does UrbanSitter have Tax ID number that goes on the report?